The ADHD Leader
Focused ADHD Treatment
What is ADHD? "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders and can continue through adolescence and adulthood. Symptoms include difficulty staying focused and paying attention, difficulty controlling behavior, and hyperactivity (over-activity)" (NIMH, 2011).
Beuret Learning and Performance Solutions, LLC is recognized worldwide as The ADHD Leader when it comes to ADHD consulting services for adults with ADHD. Bonny Beuret and her highly trained staff are committed to helping ADHD patients with non-drug ADHD treatment using EEG biofeedback or neurofeedback techniques (For information about treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder with medications, please consult with your doctor).
ADHD is often mistaken for other problems like emotional or disciplinary setbacks. Do you know what the symptoms of ADHD are? Do you think that you or someone you know might be affected by ADHD? Did you know that there are different types of ADHD? In fact, there are three distinguishable ADHD subtypes: Predominantly Hyperactive-impulsive; Predominantly Inattentive; and Combined Hyperactive-impulsive and Inattentive. Let's take a look at some of the information about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder made available by the National Institute of Mental Health.
ADHD — Predominantly Hyperactive-impulsive
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH, 2011), Predominantly Hyperactive-impulsive ADHD is when six or more symptoms exist in the hyperactivity-impulsive categories, and less than six symptoms of inattention exist. However, inattention to a lesser degree may still be present.
- Hyperactive – Trouble sitting still.
- Hyperactive – Nonstop talking.
- Hyperactive – Constantly in motion.
- Impulsive – Extremely impatient.
- Impulsive – Acting without regard to consequences.
- Impulsive – Frequent disruption of activities.
ADHD — Predominantly Inattentive (Inattention)
In contrast to the Predominantly Hyperactive-impulsive ADHD subtype, the Predominantly Inattentive subtype is when six or more symptoms in the inattention category exist, and less than six symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity exist. The NIMH advises that "Hyperactivity-impulsivity may still be present to some degree" (NIMH, 2011).
- Easily distracted.
- Difficulty completing tasks without assistance.
- Short term memory loss.
- Not listening when spoken to.
- Excessive daydreaming.
- Difficulty processing information.
ADHD — Combined Hyperactive-impulsive and Inattentive
Combined Hyperactive-impulsive and Inattentive is the most common ADHD subtype among children with ADHD. Combined Hyperactive-impulsive and Inattentive is when six or more symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity exist, and six or more symptoms of inattention exist.
Could this be you?
Professionals with a history of learning disabilities face special challenges in the workplace. Even those that have seemingly mastered functioning with these problems may struggle again later as stress or work expectations increase. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a sense that ADHD is holding you back from advancing?
- Are you struggling with reports, protocols or other written communications?
- Do you have problems managing your time and getting things done?
- Does stress, worry or boredom trigger you into confusion?
Focused ADHD Treatment
Beuret Learning and Performance Solutions provides adults with ADHD a Four-in-One ADHD Treatment Program that addresses issues such as: dyslexia, learning blocks, learning strategies, social challenges, leadership skills, time management, stress management and much more. You will learn and acquire habits that exhibit the strategies of highly successful persons who have had past struggles with learning difficulties.
These new habits of mind and body will serve you for the rest of your life; some of the underlying foundational habits of mind and action that will sustain your success:
- Three acupressure techniques to instantly and permanently lessen any confusion that hinders learning.
- Four of the most powerful instant stress relief techniques known.
- Five mental techniques to deprogram ineffective learning habits and acquire new, productive ones.
Four-in-One ADHD Treatment Program
Leveraging decades of experience and Bonny Beuret's exclusive Point of ChangeTM coaching process, Bonny and her highly skilled and experienced staff, provide a "Four-in-One ADHD Treatment Program" consisting of the following:
- Stress Management – tools to focus on the often forgotten stress component that accompanies all learning difficulties.
- Brain Training – tools to reinforce significant long term change by equipping the brain to better handle information overload.
- Personal Development – tools to make sure that better habits are formed to create a more successful day to day learning life.
- Learning Differences Strategies – tools to learn the proven learning differences strategies and skills to take you from where you are to where you want to be.
Shop Shop Beuret.com for off-the-shelf and custom made items for better management of ADHD. Not sure what to do next? Contact Bonny Beuret today for a free ADHD consultation. Call 912-239-9339 or use the Contact Beuret Learning and Performance Solutions form.
Professional and Entrepreneur ADHD
To learn more about Professional and Entrepreneurial ADHD, read our article "Professional and Entrepreneur ADHD" here on the Beuret.com blog. From her office in Florida, Bonny Beuret, The ADHD Leader, discusses Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD and how the "Point of Change"TM coaching process improves the quality of life for those with ADHD.